About Me

My photo
I'm Jack and I love films :)

Wednesday 16 June 2010

the thrill of the chase

Those of you who know me know I love cycling. god i think most of you are probably sick of hearing me talking about it, but you prbably didnt know what it felt like for me, how good it feels. just why i cycle. well ill tell you now.

firstly, its a thrill. constantly at the peak of you concentraition, searching for the next corner. wondering; hoping that you'll make it round. especially in mountain biking where the variation of terrain is immense and you're constantly in transition. you're living on the edge when you're cycling, thats why I love it.

secondly its the departure. cycling takes me to so many different places. last year i cycled from john o groats to lands end. this resulted in enough memories to last a lifetime. dartmoor, the highlands, the lake district; so many amazing places that id never see if I didn't cycle.

finally and probably most importantly, its the didstraction. the world we live in is a shit place. no other way of saying it. yes, cyling and racing hurts. im not going to lie. but through the pain and the focus and the concentration comes a bubble which descends over me. and the world doesn't exist. the most important thing to me when i'm in a race is just getting to the finish line in the fastest time possible. thats why i cycle. to get away from the world

2 comments:

  1. I want to cycle right now, just because of the way that you described cycling. We'll go on a bike ride one day, Jack, I promise. Love the way in which you explained why you love cycling, like how "you're constantly in transition and living on the edge" as well as the whole of the last paragraph.

    Chloe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. man id love to go on a bike ride with you :)

    ReplyDelete